Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Allegories of Life

As of lately, I've been realizing that one chapter of my life is coming to an end. It's bizarre to think about how fast my high school days have gone by.

A week ago I was starting high school, nervous and new, yet ready to begin what I had been looking forward to for, what seemed like, so long.


A few days ago my best friend left; devastated and needing him back, I thought that
the time would never come.


And just yesterday senior year began; frivolously assuming the year would be
long-lasting, I looked forward to a great time.


But what I didn't realize then was...



TIME. FLIES. BY.




I have made so many wonderful, true friends!




I have memories that will never be forgotten.







And I am grateful, each and every day, for life's experiences (both the good and the bad) that have made me who I am today.

All of these little lessons and experiences that I've so-gratefully taken in are the inspiration for ALIgories. Take from them what you will and above all, live life to the fullest because "days go by" and once they do, our true friends, old memories, and the allegories of life are all we're left with.




















8 comments:

  1. I am so excited to be the very first person to ever comment on your blog! This post made me happy AND so sad. It is crazy how fast it all goes. You are beautiful and the best times are STILL yet to come for you. I loved all the pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali, your life is just beginning my darling sister!! I love you so much :) Know I'm always here for you whatever you need.

    You blog is darling. Keep posting. I'll be reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama, Thanks so much; I think the best times are still to come too (or at least hope so). I love you too!

    Brookie, I'm glad you liked it! I hope you will start blogging again so I can read yours too! Thank you so much! You are the closest thing I have to a sister, and I'd do absolutely anything in the whole world for you, you know that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ali your BLOG is so DANG cute! wow I am so impressed how cute it is. You are so smart to figure it all out! Love it. NOw we can keep track of your NEW life coming up..COLLEGE! Where does the time go??? Days do go by so fast...love your song. You have a great life ahead of you Ali! You are an amazing girl and I love being your aunt or maybe more like a sis! Love you girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome blog! :) And a very nice first post, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tawn, Thanks soo much! It's nothing compared to your amazing posts, lol but it'll do! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I love you too!

    Derek, Yay!! I am so glad you approve! haha I'll try to stay up on it (especially once summer rolls around), and I love reading your blog too so get posting! ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so cute! I LOVE your blog! It is full of inspirational and uplifting thoughts. I cried - I know, I'm a boob! Hope your graduation was great. We love and miss you - have a great summer! Love ya, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jan!! I miss you soo much! Thank you; it means a lot that you'd take the time to read it during your busy life!!! Hopefully we can stay in touch this way for the next 6 weeks while I'm away in Europe! Hope all is well. Love you too! :)

    ReplyDelete