Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm coming home?!?!!

Hello! I am so far behind on bloggin' and still need to do the rest of our trip to Holland before I post about Paris (...which, by the way, was A-MAZING!). So here is a quick run-down of what we did in this fabulous country before we left:

One thing I had really been looking forward to was the Anne Frank Museum. Holy cowzers! It was honestly one of the coolest things I've ever done! Taking the tour of her actual house put the whole book into reality. I suddenly understood how truly tiny and confined the secret annex was, and how miserable and scary it must've been. It was really interesting and cool to go into all of the rooms, to see her actual diary, and learn more history about it all. Em and I took turns going in, while the other one of us played with the kids at the park.



After the the Anne Frank Museum and the park, we headed over to the beach... THIS is why I love Holland! It is everything you could ever possibly want all in one country... big city, small farms, history, art, food, and even my favorite thing in the world... the beach! We had so much fun building sand castles, playing in the waves, and just soaking up the sweet summer rays!



Afterwards, we went across the street to a delicious restaurant and enjoyed the view while eating salad and real Italain pizza! Mmm...

The last morning we woke up and went to the Ten Boom Museum. The Hiding Place is seriously one of my very favorite books ever, and it was SO INCREDIBLE to actually go into this house and be there where it all happened. I even got to crawl through and go into the 2' by 10' hiding place they hid the Jews in.
Before heading out of Holland, we stopped by this random, amazing museum that is in the middle of the woods! You can totally just ride a bike into the forest and go see some Picasso... no big deal or anything! ;)


Holland was so awesome. I am so happy I had the chance to go with Emily and the cute kids, and it has been an experience that I'll never ever forget!
I am coming home in just a few days! It is soo crazy that the time is already here! After my tooth troubles ended, the time flew by, and I can't believe I. am. coming. home. I am so excited to see everyone... I've missed you soo much! But I am also so sad to say goodbye to Emily, Claire, Jackson, and all of the other friends I've made here in Europe. I am really going to miss them. I just want to say thanks to Em and the kids for making my time here so wonderful, for making me feel at home, and for helping me learn and grow so much. I love you guys so much!
To everyone else, I'll see you SOON, and I can't wait!
Here it goes... I'm on my way!

5 comments:

  1. Your song choice made me cry! I worry that yes, yu ARE coming home, but you will be disappointed here in little old Sandy, Utah. You have had the experience of a lifetime and are so blessed to have had this chance! That picture of you and Claire at the beach is so cute. What did you guys make? A Hershey's kiss?! See you soon. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you had so much fun while you were there. You still need to keep up on blogging when you get back. It's fun to see what you are up to since I never get to see you anymore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh, I swear you completed like half my life goals while you were in Europe, lucky lucky! :) Holland sounds amazing, and I look forward to hearing about Paris as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have had such an awesome adventure! I can't believe its time for you to come home but we will be glad when you are safely there in Sandy. Please try to get on the right airplane OK?!!! Love you, E and S Bryner

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that you do have mixed feelings about leaving. You said it so well. Its wonderful that we do have our memories and experiences that can never be taken from us. Its hard to leave new loved ones isn't it? I miss Em and Claire and Jackson very much also and look forward to their visit later in the year. (Your song choices are so amazing? And I too hope that you keep blogging in the good ole USA.

    ReplyDelete